Sunday, September 23, 2007

Not letting go of Summer

So today is the first official day of fall. As much as I love fall, I am holding on to everything I can about the summer. We had some nice warm days this past week so we tried to take advantage of the smaller crowds, sandy beaches, and open water. I don't know how my boys are going to get through the winter ahead of us after spending every waking minute outdoors the past few months.











Grammy and Papa Harris came up from New York late Friday night. They watched the boys for us in the morning while we went to the temple. Ann said they were great except for the part when Toby poured blue Gatorade down one side of her head and Ben being the copy cat he is decided to pour his drink down the other side of her head. Other than that I think they like my boys.

Then we shuttled up to Wingaersheek beach and spent the rest of the day enjoying the beautiful scenery and weather. It's my favorite beach out here. We had a great time with the Harris' as always. Ben was full of tears when they left on Sunday morning. I'm so glad we live close to them so we get to see them often.

5 comments:

Ann said...

Ahh...the dog days of summer. Great pictures! We did have a wonderful time this past weekend and were sad to leave.

Nancy said...

Still so jealous...can't hide it. At least we will see you all in about 10 days. The boys won't even know us, though. Pictures are darling.

Rachel said...

That picture of Toby scares me a little......especially with the story of the blue gatorade. I, however, will not miss summer and fully look forward to nice weather fall!

PapaRandy said...

It was a great weekend! It was hard to break away from the boys and trek back to New York. How I love the Northeast in the fall, such beauty everywhere. Miss you and your cute family.

Harris Beach Bums said...

Who doesn't have a great time with Grammy and Papa? I would be sad summer is ending too if I had snow to look forward to:) Looks like you guys had a really fun day. Your boys are way too cute!