Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Wrestling

(This is what my boys would look like in the bodies of 25 year olds)

At least daily I'm reminded of how much fun it is to have boys. Toby and Ben are constantly going at it-wrestling, racing, competing. Just in the last couple of weeks Chase has figured out that he too is one of the boys and wants in on the wrestling matches. His face lit up today as I threw him on top of dog pile and his little growl assured me he's been taking notes. Though there are times when I can't take another minute of crashing cars or Toby sitting on Ben's head longer than is needed, I love that my boys like a good rumble, and love that soon enough Chase will get to join in on the fun. As long as there's no blood-it's good for them.

6 comments:

Andi said...

Liam is dieing for an older brother to wrestle with. Whenever older boys come over he tries to attack them. Ollie better watch out!

Rachael said...

Hey you guys! I came across your blog through Ann's, I haven't seen or talked to you guys in forever! It's good to see your doing great.

ashley said...

you make me want boys. but we do have some pretty good wrestling matches too, so i can't really complain!

Dolphinsbarn said...

Come on Ashers... Blood is actually good for boys.

Thinking of your family in NY makes me happy. That's a city that needs more kids & cool parents.

Nathan said...

We need to stage an East Coast Meets West Coast match. Our 3 boys against yours.

WinnFamily said...

My boys love to wrestle eachother, I don't know what it is about boys that gives them the deep need and instinct to wrestle each other. It's fun to watch though, except when Austin's had enough and Ethan won't get off, he bites Ethan pretty hard.