Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Days 5 & 6 Hilton Head Island, SC

I promise they weren't always this cute during the 17 hours of driving there.
The boys' version of Disney World. Their vacation couldn't get better from this point on. Except for Chase, who thought life was officially unfair, while he watched from the stroller. Sorry buddy.

This crow flew right into our room and landed on our table that still had our breakfast on it, looking for a little break-y. We gave him some pieces of "I just paid a day's wages for this and my kid took 2 bites" waffle and he graciously ate it on the balcony. He acted like this wasn't his first drop in.
The resort was great and we had a nice big suite that made it much more comfortable for all of us to be in. I actually think those are organic smiles cause we really were having a fun time.
My little Ben has had a fear of water since 2 summers ago. He fell in one time and it must have been very traumatic for him because I haven't been able to get him to swim, even with floaties on. So one of my goals while at the resort was to get him confident enough that he could at least move off the steps with his floaties on. For the first 2 days he would not budge. Towards the end of the second day he moved off the step, but still held on to the rope. I told him that once he swam to me I'd go buy him an ice cream, which usually would get him to do it. But not this time.

1 comment:

McLove said...

Sounds like you guys are having some fun!! Cute pictures!